Evening roundtable with L&D heads
22 March, The Leela Kempinski, Gurgaon, India
CIMA hosted a roundtable discussion entitled “L&D: Building efficiency, impacting business”, in partnership with People Matters, recently.
Led by Kedar Vashi, national head, learning and development, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, and Ester Martinez, editor-in-chief, People Matters Media, the aim of the event was to help L&D and HR professionals recognise that looking at learning interventions in isolation is not enough, and that this alone cannot deliver desired business outcomes.
The session heard that there is a clear need to look at the integration of learning initiatives and to keep them at the centre of business.
The discussion allowed attendees to exchange ideas and best practice, while the debate also covered issues including:
- The current focus of L&D in organisations. To what extent does it contribute to improving business efficiency?
- Are businesses prepared to change the focus of L&D in the new landscape of business?
- The business case to reposition L&D as a strategic agenda.
- Tools to measure the business impact of learning.
- The role of different stakeholders in an organisation in bringing about change in the business approach to learning and development?
The roundtable was attended by L&D heads and other HR leaders.